The sign, graphics and visual communications industry is poised for continued above-average growth in 2018, according to the ISA Sign Industry Quarterly Economic Report.
The report assesses four segments of the industry: two supplier markets (printing and electrical/digital signage) and two end markets (electric/digital signage and architectural signage). It also forecasts commodities. The Sign Industry Economic Report, prepared in December, is sponsored by the National Association of Sign Supply Distributors (NASSD).
The report, compiled by IHS and Vandiver Associates, analyzes each segment of the market upstream and downstream to allow users to stay current with evolving business conditions.
- Growth in all segments is forecasted to continue above trend through the end of 2018.
- The end markets segments are poised to end the year on a strong note, with architectural signage looking at the largest quarter-on-quarter change.
- For suppliers into the printing industry, the positive outlook from 2017 will carry through into 2018 without taking much of a hit.
- Interactivity of digital signage and gamification increased significantly over the past year, allowing retailers to create more immersive experience.
- Public spaces will grow further as US digital-out-of-home (DOOH) advertising sales continue to drive growth in advertising revenue. The region is indeed the largest market, generating almost a quarter of the global DOOH revenue.
- Construction spending, showing some signs of life, increased for the third straight time in October. State and local spending, mostly on primary and secondary schools, but also on infrastructure, drove the public spending numbers to their highest level in 16 months.
Those interested in learning more about the ISA Sign Industry Quarterly Economic Report, how 2018 ended and the outlook for 2018-2019, can participate in a free webinar hosted by ISA at 2 pm ET on January 24. Register at signs.org/webinars. The webinar is free for ISA, ISA Affiliated Association or NASSD members or $100 for non-members.
The ISA Sign Industry Quarterly Economic Report is free for ISA, ISA Affiliated Association and NASSD members. Non-members may purchase it for $1,000 per forecast. This research can be accessed at signs.org/quarterlyreport.